Annett Bus Lines Core Values
Safety First – Serve Others – Exceed Expectations – Enjoy the Journey
Unwary tourists can make easy targets for thieves because they stand out in a crowd, are unused to their surroundings, and are generally carrying money, credit cards and valuables like cameras. You can reduce your risk of being mugged or robbed by taking a few simple precautions.
- 1) Keep your travel plans, including accommodation details, to yourself.
- 2) Try not to travel at night.
- 3) Avoid ‘seedier’ areas of the cities you visit, especially at night.
- 4) Ask your hotel manager for advice on ‘safe’ versus ‘unsafe’ local areas.
- 5) As a general rule, city streets that include children and women suggest the area is safe for families.
- 6) Keep a photocopy of your driver’s license and all other important documents in a safe place.
- 7) Use ATMs during the day, when there are people around.
- 8) Try to rely more on credit cards rather than cash.
- 9) If you are mugged, don’t fight back. It is better to lose a few dollars and a wristwatch than get injured.
- 10) Avoid incidents such as fights, riots or civil disturbances at all times.
Source -Better Health Channel, August 2014