Annett Bus Lines Core Values
Safety First – Serve Others – Exceed Expectations – Enjoy the Journey
Safe Following Distance
- Be attentive to the road ahead – Looking down or away from the road should be less than 1 second and as infrequent as possible.
- Avoid any and all distractions – Looking at your phone or texting is very dangerous! Don’t do it!
- Brake lights are your cue –Treat brake lights ahead as an immediate signal to slow down.
- Go with the flow – Maintain a speed of 2-3 mph less than the flow of traffic is a good recommendation.
- Budget extra time – Allowing plenty of time to reach your destination will give you less reason to speed or follow too closely.
- Don’t treat the speed limit like a goal – Drive the speed appropriate for the current weather and road conditions.
- Never tailgate! – Road rage doesn’t help resolve any problems. Keep a safe distance at all times!
- Buckle up! –This is your last defense if you’re involved in a crash. Take heed!